The Laboratory of Environmental Research, Communication and Environmental Education was established in 2004 (ΦΕΚ 872/14/6/2004). So far, scientific research has been focused on science and environmental education and communication, on the development of preservice and in-service teacher’s scientific method skills to support critical and systemic thinking and promote the idea of the social role of science and technology in dealing with environmental issues in all forms of education.
The main goals of Laboratory of Environmental Research and Communication and Environmental Education are the following:
– Provide students, prospective pre-school teachers, the environmental scientific knowledge and skills needed for the development of environmental education and sustainability, in formal, informal and non formal educational settings, public awareness and training.
– Developing learning processes that support students in constructing explanatory models about the natural world and the environment.
– Provide science and environmental educational training for in-service teachers to acquire the skills, capacities, values and knowledge required to development environmental education and sustainability in formal, informal and non formal educational settings.
– Develop environmental education programs, materials and curriculum.
– Develop public understanding and awareness of scientific and environmental issues.
– Promote research and development for environmental education and sustainability.
– Promote research on environmental quality and environmental injustice.
– Application of scientific tools and knowledge in estimating environmental degradation and its consequences on health.
Director of the Laboratory: –
Collaborating Member of the Laboratory and Technical Staff: Parthenopi Xenitidou
Telephone number: +30-25510-30015
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number of the Laboratory: +30-25510-30069